The Eastern Capes climate varies as its topography, with most of its rainfall during the hot summer months from October through to March (24 to 32 Degrees Celcius).
The winter months of April through to September are usually cold to warm with crisp, clear skies during the day, ideal hunting conditions (15 to 25 Degrees Celcius).
Laundry is done on a daily basis at each Lodge.
Short pants and t-shirts are recommended during summer (November- April) Factor 30 suncream is recommended during this period.
Thermal underwear and gloves are advisable during the mid-winter months. During this period, night temperatures can reach sub-zero, so make sure you bring warm clothing.
Two pairs of good walking boots are recommended.
Your rifle should be packed in a hard carry case for transportation on the flight over. A soft rifle bag will be supplied to you for the duration of the Safari. One large suitcase and a daypack are recommended for easy transportation. Make sure that all your baggage is clearly marked for your convenience and safety.
Medium Caliber rifles are recommended for your Safari (.270 caliber up to a .375). For larger animals such as Buffalo and Rhino, no caliber smaller than a .375 will be permitted. Make sure you are comfortable with your rifle of choice. A good pair of binoculars and ammo belt is also recommended. Bring at least 2 boxes (40 rounds) of ammunition, although most caliber ammunition is readily available from our hunting suppliers. Rifles are also available for hire at € 20.00 per day.
- Customs clearance is effective at your port of entry into South Africa
- Ask your booking agent if a visa is required
- Insurance of your personal baggage is advised even though we do not anticipate any problems
- Game Reserve is about 1 hours drive from the East London airport, with the other concessions within 1 and a half hours of each other
- You will be met at the East London airport by your personal Professional Hunter
- All transport for the duration of the Safari with your Professional Hunter is in a suitable 4x4.
Terms of business and reservations:
A deposit of 50% of the daily rate is required to secure your reservation. If you cancel a Safari 60 days prior to the Safari, a full refund will be given, if you cancel within 60 days of the Safari, 5% will be retained in order to cover costs.
The balance will be paid at the completion of the Safari, only traveller's cheques, cashiers cheques and cash will be accepted. We regret no personal cheques.
All animals wounded and lost will be paid in full.
In the event of you wishing to hunt any animals listed under CITES 1, you are requested to apply to your own authority for the import permit into your country of domicile, prior to your Safari commencing.
Insurance and Indemnity:
Although we take every precaution to ensure all our clients wellbeing, we cannot be held responsible for any injury, accident, illness or loss sustained whilst on Safari.
Clients should obtain their own insurance against any of the above.
The following are included in your Safari:
- All accommodation, food and beverages
- Services of a licensed professional hunter, tracker and ground staff
- Transport to and from the airport as well as all ground transport for the duration of the Safari
- Field preparation of trophies and forwarding them to a taxidermist or shipping agent of your choice.
The following are excluded in your Safari:
- Dipping, packaging or any processing of trophies
- Shipping charges for your trophies to your own country